So you are planning to get pregnant and would like to know how long does it take to get pregnant ? No One can tell you exactly how much time it will take to get pregnant. Honestly some people take longer time to get pregnant than the other. Comparison to one another is not possible as you are not in charge or not in control of this. It is quite normal to take up to one year to conceive.
Various factors that affect in getting pregnant
There are various factors that determine or affect the chances of conceiving. These are :
- Age. You have 15% to 25% chance of getting pregnant every month if you are under the age of 30 years. The older you get, the less are the chances. Both men and women have become less fertile after the age of 40 years.
- General health. A healthy lifestyle for you and your partner is very important for getting pregnant and increases the chance of conceiving. Eat healthy and keep on exercising. Stop smoking and drinking.
- Reproductive health. Ovulation is necessary to get pregnant. The fertilization cannot happen if you are not ovulating. Any fertility problems decreases the chance of getting pregnant.
- How often you have sex. Having the sex at the right time specially when ovulation occur is very important and increases the chances of getting pregnant.
Tips for getting pregnant
- Find out when are you ovulating. You can use menstrual calendar to check this. Ovulation usually takes place 14 days before the first day of your period.
- Do you have an irregular cycle? Then use ovulation tests or use the temperature method.
- Lie down for about ten to fifteen minutes after having sex, do not urinate immediately.
- Make sure you have a good lovemaking, don’t make sex an obligation!
- Some say it helps if the woman also orgasms during the act.
When to see a doctor
If you have been trying to get pregnant for an year or more, then it is best to see a doctor and get all the tests done for both the partners.